The universal Key Performance Indicator (KPI) of ALL scientists is publications.
Writing a good story and presenting excellent data is merely the start of the journey for your science to reach a wide audience. To publish your research, you will need to (i) identify which journals you are interested to publish with; (ii) format your manuscript accordingly; (iii) write a cover letter to convince a receiving editor to consider your manuscript for peer review; (iv) manage editorial correspondence from the journal; (v) plan your response to reviewers’ comments in a well-considered letter of rebuttal; and, (vi) decide how to make your manuscript accessible to your audience, such as through open-access or paid subscription.
Today, I am pleased to announce that my company, Remotely Consulting, is offering to work in partnership with 888 life scientists to publish their research manuscripts for AUD$888 each.
What we provide: We will work in partnership with you to prepare your manuscript for submission to a journal. For this, we will provide (i) English-language scientific editing of your manuscript text for structure, flow, and compatibility with the target journal’s expectations; (ii) writing support to prepare cover letters and editorial correspondence; (iii) tips and strategies as you prepare your letter of rebuttal in response to reviewers’ comments; (iv) 30 minutes of video-conferencing support with our principal, Julian Heng to discuss your manuscript; (v) a plagiarism check as an option (see terms and conditions).
How to participate: Send your full manuscript draft (8880 words or less, excluding references) to me at email@example.com and we will reply within 24 hours to let you know that your project is accepted for the “888 for 888” program.
Why are we offering this? The answer is simple. To give back. As a life scientist with two decades’ experience, publishing 55 research manuscripts with over 120 co-authors from more than 20 countries all over the world, in journals including Nature, Neuron, Cell Reports, Nature Cell Biology and Human Mutation; I am bringing all my lived experience in manuscript writing, editing and publishing to support the next generation of life scientists to tell their research stories.
How long will this offer last? Starting today, I am running this campaign for 888 days.
Can I work with Julian/Remotely Consulting for more than one manuscript project? Of course! Contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org and I will make this happen for you.
I look forward to hearing from you and I wish you a wonderful day in the life sciences. Wherever you are.
Julian Heng BSc, PhD, Dip Couns
Founder and Director, Remotely Consulting
Our terms and conditions:
– This offer is valid for manuscripts that are 8880 words or less (word count excludes references). If your manuscript is longer than 8880 words, we will recommend our service at a special rate to help bring your manuscript project to publication. You are under no obligation to accept our offer of service when you receive a quotation from us.
– We work in partnership with you to prepare your manuscript for submission to a journal, however we do not guarantee that the manuscript will be sent out to review or accepted for publication.
– Clients are responsible for all publication costs for your manuscript when it is accepted for publication.
– Remotely Consulting reserves the right to refuse a request for a service through the “888 for 888” initiative.
– If you are not completely satisfied with our service, we are willing to consider a refund.
– Plagiarism check is optional (priced at USD$108).
(Photo by Scott Graham on Unsplash)